The Friends of Temple Newsam Park have supported many projects throughout the park over the years, including:
- Providing mobility scooters to help more people get around the park. We have funded 2 so far, but another 2 are required. Read more about how to DONATE to the Walker Fund
- The creation of the Elm Walk and other pathways, creating better surfaces for people to enjoy their walks.
- The children’s playground, creating a space for children of all ages and abilities to play in safety.
- Dredging of the lakes, improving the quality of the water for the many varieties of wildlife which rely on them.
- Funding new benches throughout the Park, creating places for people to take a break and enjoy the surroundings. We are also one of 15 sites for Leeds Civic Trust’s Take A Seat project. See the bench in the children’s playground.
- Replacing the blade in the sawmill, giving it many more years of life. More details